Friday, April 11, 2008

MIA.

I'm still around. I promise. Just got a lot going on around here.

I haven't been cooking many new things lately, mainly Spencer's favorites. I'm currently attempting to beat a really nasty eating disorder that I've had for the past 10 years so I've been subsisting on veggie burgers and apples. Hopefully soon I'll figure out the whole eating thing and get back into a cooking routine.

My face also had a run-in with the floor today:

Photobucket


Thanks to the aforementioned eating disorder I have crazy low blood pressure and even the tiniest adrenaline rush makes me pass out. I now have a black eye and the whole right side of my face is in pain.

Photobucket


I did put my waffle maker to use this past week. I made Banana-Cinnamon Waffles for me and Landon to snack on. They were really good and I love that they included whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, and ground flaxseeds.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll definitely be back on Tuesday for TWD. Marshmallows this week!

5 comments:

Lisa Ridgely said...

Been missing you!

I *know* you can beat this eating disorder. Send me a note if you ever want to talk or whatever. I'm so pulling for you...hope you're feeling great very soon!

Karly said...

I've missed you too, Amanda. I know you have been dealing with this for so long. It has broken my heart to see a few of the photos from Landon's first birthday...knowing how skinny you looked and that you were probably not seeing it. I know you can overcome this...for you and for sweet Landon. You are one strong lady.

(((hugs)))

Brooke said...

I hope you feel better soon! I had an eating disorder years ago and definitely still deal with the aftermath of it often. Keep working, you'll get through it.

Xan said...

I'm so sorry you have to experience this. I'm proud of you for facing it though, and I know you'll get through it! Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

oh dear, that's a shiner.

i'm sending good vibes your way regarding the ED. been there. these things get better with time and hard work, so don't give up.

love, HS