Monday, January 7, 2008

Baked Ziti and Olive Cheese Bread.

My new goal is to update my blog on the nights I actually cook instead of waiting until I have time to do an entire week at once. So far, so good.

I made my baked ziti tonight. It was just as good as the first time I made it. I really love the sour cream and provolone... it's a nice change from the super heavy ricotta mixture that I put in my lasagna. Spencer ate two huge plates, and blamed it on the fact that Landon was helping him eat it. My eyes are rolling incase you were wondering.

Photobucket


I made olive cheese bread to go with it. You'll notice that mine's not nearly as pretty as Ree's, partly because Ree is just amazing and everything she does is perfect. But partly because Spencer and I both hate green olives. And Spencer would like you to know that he especially hates green olives stuffed with pimentos. Once again, my eyes are rolling. I also forgot to add the green onions which I specifically bought for this. Urgh... don't you hate when that happens? $1.18 down the drain.

Photobucket


Okay, so I obviously made it using only black olives but it turned out delicious. I'm not a huge fan of black olives because they have a weird metallic taste that kinda freaks me out but I couldn't really stop myself from eating this. I ended up freezing half (using Ree's instructions) and I wish I had gone ahead and baked the whole thing.

Be prepared for more Pioneer Woman recipes this week. I've got atleast once more coming, maybe two if we run out of leftovers. If you get a chance, go read Ree's entire cooking blog. And then read every page of her personal blog. Amazing I tell you.

1 comment:

AJsmommy said...

That Ziti looks so good! Is the recipe on the WFD blog?