Monday, January 28, 2008

Empanadas.

Photobucket


Have I ever mentioned my love of Weight Watchers magazine? I've been buying it since I was 18 because I love the success stories and the recipes usually sound so good. I tend to clip out their recipes and then worry that Spencer won't like them since they're "diet" food but with this one I knew he'd enjoy it.

Mine got a little burnt... I left them in much longer than the recipe says because the tops weren't getting golden so that's the bottoms you see in the picture. They were still awesome though.

I served it with my beloved mexican rice.

Empanadas
from Weight Watchers magazine

Preheat oven to 400. Brown 1/2 pound ground turkey and 1/2 onion, chopped, in a nonstick skillet. Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 2 teaspoons chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes. Cool. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Brush edges of 30 wonton wrappers with egg white. Spoon 1 tablespoon filling into the center of each; fold in half and press to seal. Place empanadas on sheet. Bake 8 minutes.

1 comment:

Miss Ifi said...

Those empanadas look GREAT!! I am going to have to make them sometime soon yuuum!