Thursday, January 17, 2008

Burrito.

This recipe has been circulating around my parenting board so it was only a matter of time before I tried it. I'll admit... I didn't expect to like it. Beans and meat are generally too... thick(?) for me. But it was really good! We won't discuss how many I ate last night...

Photobucket


CHICKEN & CHEESE BEAN BURRITOS

1 pkg tortilla wraps
1 lb boneless chicken (I used ground turkey)
1 small can goya tomato sauce
1 pkg shredded mexican cheese blend
1 can red kidney beans (Used refried)
1 can corn (I still can't stomach corn...so left out)
1 pkg Sazon (Left out because I'm not really sure what it is)
1 tbsp Adobo

Slice chicken into thin strips. Put chicken, tomato sauce, beans, corn, sazon, adobo in fry pan. Cook about 20 minutes until chicken is done. Warm up tortillas and put filling in tortilla and add cheese. Fold and roll and put in baking pan. Use toothpicks to hold together if needed. Sprinkle rest of cheese on top. Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes. Serve with rice and sour cream.


I made the amazing Mexican rice to go with it. I think the burritos would actually be good with the rice mixed into the beans and chicken. I may try that one day.

No comments: