Friday, February 22, 2008

King Ranch Casserole.

Photobucket


A few weeks ago there was a lot of talk about king ranch casserole over on the Nest boards and since I'd never heard of it, I was intrigued. I hear "ranch" and think dressing. It's the southern girl in me. I was all, "Ooh! A casserole with ranch dressing?! How did I live 22 years without this?" The lovely Nesties posted a link to Homesick Texan and my dreams came crashing down.

BUT it still sounded good.

As a general rule in our house, Spencer likes anything that contains a can of cream of whatever soup. (He's even been known to eat an entire "family sized" can of cream of mushroom soup. Ick.) So, of course, I chose to go with her "old school" version.

We freakin' loved it. Spencer has started calling it "mexican casserole" (I guess he doesn't get the whole ranch thing either) and has already requested it again.

No comments: