Friday, October 19, 2007

Chicken Taco Soup.

I'm in love with my slow cooker. Seriously. If a hurricane randomly popped up over my apartment, I'd grab the kid then the crockpot and we'd hide together in the closet. That's just how I work. The downfall with the crockpot, though, is that after smelling the food all day I'm so sick of it that I never want to eat it. But it's just so darn cute and convienient.

I made this Chicken Taco Soup (in my crockpot, of course!) yesterday. I smelled it all day long. I couldn't get away from it no matter where I went. I didn't want to eat it. I never wanted to eat anything taco-related ever again. But I was hungry. And holy geez was it good. The husband mixed it a ton of sour cream and cheddar cheese and turned it into a dip. I almost died. It was amazing. So amazing that I had leftovers first thing this morning.

I'll make this again (many times I'm sure) but I think I'm gonna use the husband's idea and serve it with tortilla chips. It'll be a long time before I think about making it though. The idea of it makes me kind of nauseous after smelling it for 8 hours but it really was delicious.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: