Monday, November 19, 2007

Chili.

I decided I wasn't going to cook much this week with Thanksgiving come up and all, so I figured a big pot of chili would last us a few days. When I told Spencer that I was making chili he said he wanted it on top of pasta but I can't stomach that so we settled on nachos. He'd never had chili on top of chips until my mom stayed with us after Landon was born but now he loves it.

I combined a couple different recipes to make this and I think they're all on AllRecipes if anyone wants to check them out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Chili

2 pounds ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
big can of tomato sauce
can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
16 ounce jar of salsa
packet of chili seasoning mix
can of dark red kidney beans
can of light red kidney beans
chili powder (I added about a teaspoon because it wasn't tasting chili enough for me, but you could just add more chili seasoning mix if you have it.)

Cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is brown and onion is soft. Drain. Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, tomato sauce, Rotel, salsa, chili seasoning, and beans. (And chili powder if you need it.) Let simmer for atleast an hour before serving.

No comments: