Sunday, November 11, 2007

Taco Salad.

It's official. I suck at making anything too simple. Taco salad should be the easiest thing in the world, right? Not for me. I stressed out over how hideous it was and then made Spencer close his eyes to taste it because I didn't want him to be disgusted by it. It was actually good though. Weird, but good. About an hour ago I finished the leftovers while sitting on my ass watching "Jon and Kate Plus 8". Food + bad reality TV = amazingness.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I saw this recipe on someone's blog a long time ago and stuck it in my recipe box on AllRecipes. The owner of the blog I saw it on raved about it and the reviews on AllRecipes were really good. Everyone failed to mention how disgusting it would look.

I listened to the reviewers and used Catalina instead of French dressing, and I added it over everything instead of cooking it with the meat. I also used Doritos and added those canned black olives that taste like metal because Spencer loves them.

I don't think I'll make this again but it really was good. I'm just not big on those one dish meals.

1 comment:

back2maiden said...

Ok, I am going through a divorce and your post hit blogger just around the time I was about to log off from a post I made. I have no apetite for food (husband left me 2 weeks ago for another woman he met on the internet - how deluxe cheesy is that)? Your food is making me want to eat again. That cake...yum, those chicken parm nibblers...yum. My 4 year old son would love them. When I feel up to it - I will try some of your found recipies.