Sunday, December 9, 2007

Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I'm not a spaghetti kinda girl. I always loved it as a kid but now it just seems so boring. And messy. Unforunately I married a man who says he could eat spaghetti once a week. So I made him some spaghetti for the first time in our year and a half of marriage.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My Basic Spaghetti Sauce

1 onion
2-3 cloves minced garlic
2 cans of tomatoes (I usually use 2 cans of crushed, but this time I had one crushed and one sauce on hand so I used those.)
1 tablespoons oregano
bay leaf
sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes

Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper. Let simmer for at least an hour.

My meatballs are pretty basic. I used a pound of ground beef, maybe 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, one egg, garlic powder, and parsley. Mix those up and line 'em up on a baking sheet and throw them in a 350 oven for 20 minutes or so depending on the size.

It was okay. I'm still not a huge spaghetti fan but I ate a coffee mug full of it. Spencer loved it of course and I'm sure he'll be asking for it again very soon.

No comments: