Monday, December 10, 2007

Turkey Sloppy Joes.

I think I've had sloppy joes once in my lifetime. And it was, of course, Manwich. I always assumed I hated sloppy joes because the stuff in the can just isn't that great. But my husband's the kinda guy that loves sloppy joes. Sigh.

I looked at a few recipes and came up with what I think is the best thing I've ever made. I warned Spencer that he'll be eating these once a month or so. It was so easy and so good. I want to go make another now that I've been writing about it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Turkey Sloppy Joes

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1/4 cup onion
1 1/2 cup ketchup
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt and pepper

Cook turkey and onion in a little olive oil. Drain. Combine all ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Esther said...

thanks for the recipie I'm going to try it tonight! :)